So Single Awareness Day dawns upon us once again. But just because you don’t have a man in your life, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t have a hot outfit for Valentine’s Day. #treatyoself
All photography by Sita Carolina from Precious S2 Photography
Wearing Balmain X H&M Grande Armee Dress, Saint Laurent clutch, Giuseppe Zanotti inspired boots
SHOP THE POST
This fuchsia Balmain X H&M dress is one of the most flamboyant and expensive dresses that I have in my wardrobe. As it was almost impossible to buy this at the Balmain X H&M launch several months ago, I’ve had to buy this from a reseller in NYC at a mark-up, with a weak performing Australian dollar.
There are not many places that I can wear this dress to… apart from going to a gala or the Pink Ribbon Ball. Even though this dress is not exactly a versatile piece in my wardrobe, the investment was so worth it for me. I can certainly appreciate the high level of craftsmanship that has gone into producing this garment, despite being produced by H&M. They’ve managed to retain the couture details of this garment which is evident in the beading and embroidery, all remaining true to the signature high glamour look that Balmain is known for.
So yes, this is a very special dress. As a real Balmain dress would be completely inaccessible to me at this point in my life, I get so much enjoyment from being able to have a taste of couture in my wardrobe. Isn’t that the whole point of a designer and high street collaboration anyway? One day, I aspire to shop at the Balmain store in Paris…..but right now, I want to enjoy my fuchsia dress……..single or not.
Since it is the season of love being Valentine’s day, I thought I would share the top 10 lessons that I have learnt while being single. This advice has been learnt the hard way, passed down from other friends, married couples and role models.
- If you are not happy single, you won’t be happy taken. Happiness comes from within, not men. Having a man will not make your problems magically disappear into thin air, if anything it will just add to them.
- Just because you miss someone doesn’t mean they belong in your life. Let the past remain in the past. If you were meant to be together, you would still be together. Stop trying to make that toxic relationship work…you know deep down inside that it’s a bad idea. Let it go.
- Stop stalking your ex on social media. Following on from the 2nd point – You don’t need to know who he is now dating or what he’s up to….Unfriend, block and stop getting distracted!#byefelicia
- If you have to chase him down to get him, you’ll have to chase him down to keep him.
- Stop chasing someone who doesn’t want you. What a waste of time and energy.
- It’s not just about finding the right person but becoming the right person. A good man would also want to be with a good woman. #equality
- Looks on its own is not enough, there needs to be substance as well. Yeah he may be hot…..but what else?
- Enjoy your single life. When you do get into a relationship, it’s no longer just about you, you have to think about your significant other as well.
- Don’t be with someone who you’re trying to ‘fix’. It is unfair on the other person to try and change them. People do change but it has to be on their own freewill. Ask yourself, are you OK with their flaws/annoying habits? If you do marry him, he is unlikely to change those habits.
- Chill! It’s not a race or a competition. Just because everyone else is getting into relationships or married doesn’t mean you have to! It will happen for you when it is right for you, not everyone else.
Hope you’ve found these to be useful as I did! Remember, you are all beautiful and your identity is not defined by your relationship status!
Do you have any other valuable advice for the single ladies out there?